Benefits of membership include:
- Meet new people your age, great social interaction.
- Maintain a more active lifestyle!
- Have fun and activities!
- Gain access to a variety of clubs and activities (some clubs have a small additional membership fee).
- Access to food services – dine in or take away.
- Borrow books and DVDs from the full library.
- Use the Windows computer or Apple laptop with free Wi-Fi.
- Volunteer with your own special skills and help others.
- Receive an important discount on Ballroom rental for memorials and immediate family events (if you have more than two years of consecutive membership).
- Have opportunity to join the Board of Directors and give input to the direction of the Association.
The annual membership fee is $35.00 per person. You must be at least 50 years old. One member of a couple must be at least 50 years old. Annual term is January 1 to December 31.
Two ways to join:
- Visit the Centre office at 1801 Beaufort Avenue, Comox between 10 am – 1 pm, Monday to Friday with cash, cheque or debit card.
- Print the Membership Form and mail it (with your cheque) OR drop it off in the secure mailbox at the entrance of the Centre (with your cheque).
How to print: Mac Safari browser: In the Safari app on your Mac, choose File > Print. Click the options pop-up menu (in the separator bar), choose Safari, then set the web page printing options. Windows/Chrome browser: Hold ‘Control’ and click “P”. Follow the prompts.
For more information, call the office at 250-339-5133 Monday to Friday 10:00am-1:00pm.
Volunteers are the heart and hands of our Seniors’ Centre. Get even more from your experiences at the Centre by contributing your skills and time. Volunteering benefits everyone. Our food prices are low because of our great volunteers.
- Kitchen Volunteers – Volunteers are always welcome in the kitchen, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Dei is cooking hot meals. Make sandwiches, sanitize dishes, brew coffee—it’s the place where you see and chat with everyone. Contact Dei at 250-650-6459 or by email at .
- Office Volunteers – Contact Georgia Greetham, Office Volunteer Coordinator or 250-339-5133.
- Gift Shop – is where volunteering is SO rewarding:
– socialize with members, artisans, & other volunteers
– feel pride in selling artisan’s handcrafted creations
– work together with a group of amazing volunteers
– offer friendly & knowledgeable service in a quaint little shop
– raise funds for the Seniors Centre by donations or selling artisans creations
Contact Nancy today: 250-650-2193.
- Technical Volunteer – individuals with Windows-based technical skills to help maintain a computer system. If any members have any of these skills we would love to talk to you! Or if you know of someone outside of our Centre that you think might help, contact Dave Robinson at or 250-703-2536.
- Special Events – computer skills designing posters, tickets and various other projects, or help at the events, please contact Charlene Janzen at .
Welcome to all the new members who have joined over the last few months. We know you will enjoy our club! Please come to our meetings, we welcome your input.
We are so appreciative of the efforts of previous leadership and volunteers who have kept this Centre going since 1975! We are blessed with a wonderful building in a prime location due in large part to the support of the Town of Comox over the past 45 years! It is indeed a “second home” for 1000+ seniors in the Valley.